Mint and White Chocolate No Bake Bars: delicious butter cookie crust with white chocolate and refreshing mint jelly layer.
More than a year ago, I have made Mint Syrup Quick Version Recipe and it became quite popular.
Few days ago, I have added one more step there that includes making jelly in the process of making your own syrup from scratch and it takes only several minutes to do it. These bars were the reason. What you need is mint tasting jelly and, of course, it does not have to be home made.
Also, I have planted several twigs in a pot and it has survived harsh winter and extreme heat this this year.
It develops just fine and I am very happy to have another herb on my frugal balcony.
This simple tart is done under 15 minutes. If you take closer look at the photos, you will see I have sprinkled the tart with the cookie crust left on the sides after the tart was done. Good, isn’t it ?
- Ingredients for Cookie Crust:
- 1 cup butter cookies crumbs
- 1 Tbsp bitter cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- Ingredients for White Ganache:
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- ½ cup Mint Jelly
- In a small bowl, mix, using spoon, cookie crumbs, cocoa powder and butter.
- Cover baking pan ( 3 x 7 inches) with baking paper.
- Using your fingers, tap the butter cookies crust into the dish, covering the sides as well ( 1 inch high).
- In a small pot, mix white chocolate chips, water, sour cream and corn starch. Let it boil on medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Pour the white ganache into the crust.
- When cooled, gently cover with mint jelly.
- Leave to cool for approx. 30 minutes.