This is a very hot dip for cheeses.
Chili and Red Bell Pepper Appetizer is packed in small glass jars containing 13 tsp or 6 Tbsp because you do not need that much of it since only one drop on a cheese is enough to make you thirsty. Very much.
To clean the chilis, I suggest you use the gloves to half them by length and remove the seeds out. If you leave the seeds to cook with bell peppers, it may give bitter taste to your appetizer. I believe you want it to taste the best for your party so take the gloves and let’s start;
- 4 red bell peppers ( 1 lb)
- 10 fresh red chilis, size of 1 inch
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- After you wash the bell peppers, clean them and take the seeds out.
- Cut the bell peppers to quarters and chop to get small parts. It should give approx. 4 cups in total.
- Clean and finely chop chilis.
- In a pot, on light heat, boil bell peppers, chilis, vinegar, salt and sugar for one hour.
- Remove from fire, rest it for a while to cool a bit and pour all together to a blender to make puree.
- Warm the oven (150 C / 302 F) and put 5 clean glass jars into it to become hot.
- Return puree to pot and cook for additional 15 minutes.
- Fill the glass jars, close them, turn them upside down for 10 minutes and return them to normal position.
- Leave to get cold.
- Serve with cheese, grapes, pears, taralli and prosciutto.