Christmas Tree Cutout Cookies: Quick and easy cutouts made from the store bought pie crust.
These simple and quick cookies are my cup of tea !
Friday evening. Fifteen minutes to use in the kitchen. OK, it turned out to be twenty: I wanted to decorate the pine trees carefully.
I rolled out the pastry (10 x 16 inches) and chose the exact Christmas cutter before I started to measure the time. It has occurred to me that the pine trees would be the best shape since I had white snowflakes for decoration bought few days before.
If you combine the cutter carefully when cutting, there is not much of the pastry waste so it comes out to be frugal as well. And, yes, I used several green tree decorations as well !
Since the cookies are plain and simple, the best way to serve them is with coffee or tea. But this is what I would do.
- 1 package of pie crust
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 egg yolk
- Snowflake decorations
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Lay the baking paper into the baking dish.
- Roll out the store bought pie crust on the table.
- Cut the pine tree shapes and place them onto the baking paper.
- Cut the thin lines inside of the tree shape.
- Mix the milk with egg yolk and brush the trees gently.
- Carefully place the snow flakes on the trees.
- Bake for 10 minutes.