Chocolate chip Dulce de Leche Cookies: Amazing Dulce de Leche cookies enriched with chocolate chips.
It is obvious I activated the oven after a long rest because the temperatures are back to normal. Within a few days we should have another heat wave so I hurried to make some home made sweets to have instead of store bought ones. There is no substitute for a batch of cookies.
Our cookie jar was empty for several weeks now and I believe my son will be happy to see it full again. Also, I expect to have a curious look as if asking: what did you use this time ? Is it for your blog ? May I have some or should I wait until you see the photos are all right ?
This is how it looks when you have a food blog. If you have one, having child/ren, I am sure you know what it looks like. What I adore is the fact he enjoys it. He is opened for new tastes and flavours and I really hope to find him being opened to everything else that much in life, knowing the difference.
- ¾ stick + 1 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 4 Tbsp Dulce de Leche, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar to roll the dough balls
- Mix butter, dulce de leche, 3 Tbsp brown sugar, egg, salt and flour on a flat surface to get a ball of dough.
- When finished, add chocolate chips and combine.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Put 4 Tbsp brown sugar into a flat plate.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Cover the sheet pan with baking paper.
- Take one tablespoon of the dough, make the ball, roll it in brown sugar and put it on the baking paper.
- Flat the ball using your fingers to get two inches cookie in diameter.
- Bake for 12 minutes.