Easy Vegan Stir Fry: perfect for quick, healthy meal when the heat is on.
My friend N. lives at the coast for half of the year so she has invited me to visit her to enjoy the sea, wine and everything else that perfect holidays include. This is her place:
She cooks amazingly and this stir fry is one of her creations. Here are the ingredients required for this meal:
When the heat is on and you have a backyard full of all sorts of vegetables or a fridge full of fresh ingredients this stir fry is done in 20 – 25 minutes. While it was frying, rice vermicelli was ready, the table was set, wine was inviting and we had a lunch with a perfect blue sea view. Any pasta or simple flat bread is enough to have as a side dish.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- Chili to taste
- 1 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- Pinch of sugar
- White wine to taste
- origano, dried, to taste
- ½ eggplant
- ½ zuchinni
- 1 cup fava beans, precooked,
- 1 potato, preccoked, cut into cubes, optional
- Rosemary to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp butter
- Clean, peel and cut to 2 inches sticks the following vegetables: carrot, bell pepper, tomato, eggplant and zucchini.
- In a wok or a big frying pan, fry oil, garlic, turmeric, ginger and chili powder for a few seconds.
- Add carrot sticks and fry all together for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and fry all together for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato, pinch of sugar, wine, oregano and rosemary. Fry all together for 10 minutes.
- Add eggplant to the mixture and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add fava beans and potato, add some water if the mixture is too thick. Zucchini comes into the pan and fry it all together for 4 minutes.
- When the stir fry is ready add butter and salt to taste.