Cookie Butter Rice Krispies No Bake Bars: Winter holidays favourite treat.
Honestly, I have always been boringly studious. Once I grab something I do not leave it until I separate every single bit of it and do everything in my power to put it together again. More or less successfully. This skill, if it is one, helped me to focus, concentrate and analyze situations which is not always the best thing to do. Sometimes, this is not exactly very helpful. Writing this I found myself driving in different direction than I wanted ( again) but this is exactly what happens when you are boringly studious.
Two weeks ago I have made Milk Chocolate Rice Krispies Bars and children tasters loved them very much. The no bake bars are a golden share to use if something goes wrong : so boringly studious me !
So, I started to think of winter holidays version and decided to make butter cookies no bake rice krispies bars with white chocolate and marshmallows. Holidays’ spices mixture ( Biscoff or Speculoos like) are exactly what you need for dessert when the heating season starts and the days are shorter and darker.
Once done, all together it takes 20 minutes, I left them aside to have first coffee, still in pyjamas on Saturday morning. There is nothing sweeter than coffee on early Saturday morning knowing you have two whole days to do what you love doing.
- 2 Tbsp butter + butter for the dish
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 1 cup white chocolate chips ( 100 grams)
- 4 Tbsp cookie butter
- 2 ½ cup rice krispies
- Cover 7 x 7 inches baking dish ( 6 cups volume) with baking paper and butter the paper well.
- Take a large pot, pour the water in and start heating it.
- Cover the pot with a bowl that fits the pot completely and put butters, chocolate chips and marshmallows into it.
- Stirring constantly,melt the ingredients to get sticky mixture, completely melted.
- Add rice krispies in the mixture and stir intensively.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and flatten it with oiled hands.
- Cool for one hour at least, cut and serve.
- Garnish with warmed cookie butter, optional.