Banana Yogurt Loaf : moist, healthy and light breakfast for banana and yogurt lovers !
The taste of this loaf is not intense and it is excellent to be combined with any kind of spread.
When making it, you shall notice that there is more than plenty of glaze for the loaf. I put extra on the slice of it and eat it that way, literary with the tea spoon. If there is any slice left, you can store it in the fridge for tomorrow breakfast also.
- Ingredients for batter:
- 2 yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana, ripen
- 12 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 6 Tbsp Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Ingredients for glaze:
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 cup yogurt
- 2 Tbsp gelatin or agar flakes
- Vanilla extract to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Peel and mash the banana on a plate.
- In a bowl, mix banana, yolks, eggs, honey and yogurt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar and baking powder).
- Mix the batter well and pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Leave the loaf to cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, mix sugar with gelatin or agar first.
- In a small cooking pan, mix all the glaze ingredients and boil for 2 minutes on medium heat, constantly mixing it.
- Pour over a cooled loaf and serve.