Banana Ice Cream Bread: my son’s favourite. Four Seasons !
This time, I wanted to use ice cream leftovers in an unusual way; something that would be different from serving them up with a pie or crumble.
Since I had a half-empty box of banana ice cream, I thought how swell it would be to replace the yogurt with it when making a loaf of bread. Of course, I was careful with sugar as there is some in the ice cream already.
The baking pan volume is 6 cups when filed up to the top and the dimensions are : 7 x 3 inches.
My intention, during the process, was to serve it topped with Nutella on the first day. Second day started with warming one chocolate lollipop in the hot milk for breakfast.
Third day ? No third day ! All gone !
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1 cup banana ice cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 10 Tbsp flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Peel and mash the bananas on a plate.
- In a bowl, mix the bananas, lemon juice, ice cream, salt and sugar.
- Slowly add flour and baking powder.
- Mix the batter well and pour into greased bread pan.
- Bake for approx. 40 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Serve while still warm so that the Nutella topping melts before eating.