Bacon Wrapped Chicken Liver : Frugal, country style chicken liver wrapped in slices of smoked bacon, served on mashed potatoes.
We were walking around the woods whole morning and decided to eat something in a small local pub. I was surprised to see wrapped chicken livers on their menu so I decided to try it. It was served with roasted potatoes to soak the juice of bacon: very tasteful.
Since it is so simple and easy to make I prepare it at home quite often and have decided to share the recipe with you. This time, it is served with mashed potatoes. When there is BBQ gathering, it is interesting to see that chicken livers wrapped this way are gone in speed of light !
If you have eatable mushrooms at hand, you can wrap them in smoked bacon slices and fry the same way as liver. Polenta or any stewed vegetables make good serving suggestion.
- For potato layer, you need one pack of Instant mashed potatoes. If the instructions say to add water / milk and butter, prepare them as well.
- 1,5 cup chicken liver, cut to 2 inches parts
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 25 thin slices of smoked bacon, 2,5 inches long
- 25 toothpicks
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to instructions.
- Put oil in a frying pan.
- Wrap chicken liver into bacon slices and pin them with the toothpick. Do that with all liver. I made 25 rolls.
- Fry rolls until well baked and golden brown on all sides.
- Serve on mashed potatoes with slice of lemon to sprinkle over rolls.
- If needed, add salt and grounded black pepper to taste.
Below, you see the photo I took 16 months ago. It reminds me of the beginings when all I knew about taking photographs was literary ” on, shoot, off” procedure 🙂