Cowboy Pizza Sticks : spicy appetizer.
This appetizer is defined as Cowboy Pizza Sticks since it contains sliced pepperoncini.
I used 10 slices but you can use more if you prefer very spicy food. My version could be titled as „carefully balanced although spicy“ since not everybody is into spicy food.
Here are the ingredients:
Cowboy Pizza Sticks
- 1 canned pizza dough ( 15 x 12 inches )
- 1 Tbsp olive oil for the pan
- 10 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 4 slices prosciutto crudo ( smoked ham ), chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella, chopped
- Pepperoncini, chopped, to taste
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Salt to sprinkle the sticks
Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
Oil the baking pan with olive oil.
Unwrap pizza dough and place it on clean working surface.
Cut the dough to have 10 equal size rectangles. Some dough was left so I patched it to have 11th one to bake
Arrange pepperoni, prosciutto, mozzarella and pepperoncini to every rectangle.
Roll up the rectangles and seal the edges using your fingers.
Place pizza sticks on the baking pan.
Whisk the egg and brush the sticks with it. Salt them on the top to taste.
Bake for 15 minutes and serve immediately with pizza sauce aside.