Pear Butter Cream Cheese Bread : made with pear butter and cream cheese, this simple – looking bead is our new favourite breakfast !
My friend was preparing pear butter from scratch last autumn and given me two jars. I kept them in the pantry and spotted them a week ago so I started to think about how to make the best out of them. Since I tend to have several espressos during the morning, I decided to make Pear Butter Cream Cheese Bread to pack two slices for work and have them during the morning. I really have to do something about my eating habits. I have to change the routine since I skip breakfasts. No good.
This Pear Butter Cream Cheese Bread is not overpowered with sugar and does not boost me up additionally and the loaf lasts long enough during the week so we both have our versions of breakfast. My son adds extra pear butter and chocolate crumbs to have a slice with a glass of milk and I pack my share to go. This is his version:
When you cut the slices, it looks nice, don’t you think ?
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp pear butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup cream cheese + 1 Tsp baking powder
- I tsp butter for the pan
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Lightly butter the bread dish and leave aside.
- Cut the plastic food wrap to match the lenght of the bread dish and lightly oil it.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and baking powder and form a roll using oiled food wrap. Leave aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine wet ingredients: eggs, pear butter and sunflower oil. Add salt, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder and flour.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and gently place the cheese roll on the top of it.
- Bake for 25 – 28 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.