Double Chocolate Muffins in Vanilla Cream : Both for double chocolate muffin and vanilla pudding lovers : 2 in 1 !
I baked this beautiful Double Chocolate Muffins in Vanilla Cream based on the photo sent to me by my friend. It was a commercial page in the local magazine, demonstrating the idea of making a cake out of two boxes.
I left it aside to develop a dessert putting together something I could call my own, original recipe ….
Alas …. It happened one of those days when you would eat everything shugary; instead of taking a walk or running around your neighbourhood you choose to eat. Awful !
So, every single excuse was here. At hand. Ingredients also.
The first idea was to name this one „Double Chocolate Muffins Anchored in Vanilla Sea“ but it sounded like, let’s say, „Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds“ and you know the phase The Beatles were then, so I gave it all up.
I made muffins from scratch and the quantity is measured to have nine of them. Eating them without vanilla Jello-o is absolutely fine. I bake them to bring to the office when the days are normal. Normal with me.
So, the only news here is vanilla pudding. Or any other you or your family prefers.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3 Tbsp butter, unsalted, melted
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 5 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp bitter cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Instant vanilla pudding (Jell-o) and 2 cups of cold milk
- Place nine paper cups into muffin holes of your pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- In a medium size bowl, mix egg whites and sugar until stuff peaks form.
- Slowly add the rest of ingredients (egg yolks, butter, flour, baking powder, pinch of salt and cocoa powder).
- Pour the mixture into the paper cups, filling ⅔ of every cup.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 19 minutes.
- Leave aside to cool completely.
- Prepare 7 x 7 inches dish.
- Mix instant vanilla pudding ( Jell-o or any other brand that requires 2 cups of milk).
- Pour the pudding into the dish and press the muffins ( cooled) into the pudding.
- Refrigerate for one hour or more. I left it overnight.
- Garnish with more chocolate chips to taste and serve. Spoon it and serve in little dessert cups.