Sheet Pan Icelandic Skyr Yogurt and Poppy Seed Pancakes: perfect breakfast for your busy days ! Healthy too !
We all are are doing our best to save time and it occurred me to save some of it by making fat free and healthy Sheet Pan Icelandic Skyr Yogurt and Poppy Seed Pancakes. The process of making this breakfast is really simple so I decided to write several sentences about the beauties of Iceland.
Namely, few weeks holidays there make you return over and over again. If you like snow and cold. Like me. We have very hot months starting May or even earlier and when we need to cool down, northern world is the best solution. Iceland was my choice two years ago to recover and it left me deeply impressed with their life style.
„Tetta Reddast“ is Icelandic saying for „This is done „ or „ It will all work OK“ or „Questo e fatto“ or „ C’est fait“.
When you, if you, face a problem, people are very, very friendly and will assist, no doubt, and „Tetta Redddast“ is what they say because they are practical, positive, wise and optimistic. They know the things always find the way. And they do.
What amazed me the most is that there are no mosquitoes. What a relief it was ! I didn’t have to run around the stores to buy repellents and nets to protect from those little …… things !
Imagine yourself approaching the biggest waterfall in Europe „Dettifoss“ and no mosquitoes in the air !
Also, all the water is drinkable wherever you go: rivers, waterfalls, taps and it demonstrates that people care about the resources for generations to come.
It is very special place, that Iceland: police officers do not carry guns. Guess why ? They do not have to.
You don’t even have to lock your car !
There are so many beautiful icebergs, geysers, lighthouses, cottages and restaurants to discover that I truly recommend you to pack, catch a plane and enjoy the beauties there. If you like northern parts and cool people 🙂
- Unsalted butter for sheet pan ( 1 Tbsp approx.)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp poppy seeds
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup Skyr yogurt or any other fat free kind
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Coat the sheet pan with unsalted butter and leave aside.
- In medium sized bowl, mix eggs, sugar, flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, Skyr yogurt, milk and vanilla extract to get an even texture.
- Pour the mixture in a sheet pan and bake for 17 minutes.
- Take the sheet pan pancakes out of the oven, cut to squares and serve dusted with icing sugar and some Skyr yogurt and strawberries on the top.