Dulce de Leche Brownies : simply the best, better than all the rest …
I fell in love with dulce de leche. Our bonds are unbreakable. It’s a completely new delicacy to us discovered only a year ago and I am trying to make Dulce de Leche Brownies whenever possible. Cinco de Mayo is perfect occasion to do them again. We combine dulce de leche ( milk jam ) in so many ways just like we would with Nutella and really enjoy it very much.
It enriches every sweet food so nicely and it is really very hard to resist the flavours of dulce. After combining it with waffles, pancakes, muffins, ice creams, cookies and hot chocolate I made brownies with dulce de leche dropped on the top of the batter. Although cut when completely cold, both my son and I prefer to have the slices warmed up in the microwave. If you do that be aware of hot dulce; maybe you could cool it with some ice cream aside 🙂
- 1 stick butter (8 Tbsp)
- 3 Tbsp bitter cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- I Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp Dulce de Leche
- Spray 7 x 7 inch baking dish or cover it with baking paper and spray it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- In a medium sized heavy bottom pot, combine butter and cocoa powder until butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract and salt and mix with spatula.
- Add flour and eggs and stir until combined.
- Spread the batter into the pan and drop Dulce de Leche, using spoon, on the top of the batter.
- Garnish raw brownies with semi sweet chocolate chips and bake for 30 minutes on 180 C / 356 F.
- Cool completely before cutting to nine squares.