Italian Seven Layer Dip : Fresh and healthy ingredients make this one ideal for every season !
It is very important to me, wherever I travel, to see the street market. It shows a lot about the way people live, what they eat, the sound of their language, joy, culture, music, spices … everything.
Since spring has definitely arrived, my Saturday mornings are defined by a walk around the stands and looking for fresh, crispy vegetables and fruits. Freshly baked bread, too. Although I am fond of winter and snow, the colours of spring are really beautiful. First vegetables are here, grown on local farms, prepared to nourish us after winter hibernation period that arrived two months later than usual.
- 2 cups Ricotta
- 1 ½ cup red bell pepper, roasted, chopped
- 1 ½ cup tuna chunks
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp mozzarella, sliced, chopped
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted, sliced and 2 Tbsp capers
- 3 -4 Tbsp roasted pignolli /pine nuts
- Blue and white potato chips
- Seasonal vegetables to taste
- Spread Ricotta on the bottom of 8 inches ø shallow bowl. Salt to taste.
- Continue with a layer of bell peppers, then top with tuna chunks, chopped basil, mozzarella, olives and capers.
- Garnish with previously roasted pignoli. If not at hand, roasted almond slices serve well.
- Serve immediately with fresh vegetables and potato chips or cover and refrigerate.
- Fresh is the best but could be made one day in advance.