Cauliflower Rice Mac and Cheese: Cauliflower packed Mac & Cheese !
It is frugal to buy medium sized cauliflower head for my little family. We have some florets to be pulsed in food processor to add to Mac & Cheese one day and cauliflower salad for the next week day dinner.
So, if you decide to make this dish from scratch, boil the whole cauliflower head until crisp tender, drain and set aside. Separate few florets and pulse them to be added to Mac & Cheese.
Cut the rest of the cooked cauliflower to the bites suiting your preferences, add salt, ground black pepper, olive oil, garlic powder and balsamico, gently combine with spatula and leave in the fridge for the other day to have a side dish with pork chops or chicken or anything else.
- 1 Tbsp butter,melted
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cream cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, precooked
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, precooked
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream
- 8 Tbsp Cheddar, grated
- 1 cup milk, optional
- Melt butter in a skillet, on medium heat, and add cream cheese, heavy cream and cheddar. Mix until smooth.
- Add elbow macaroni and cauliflower rice and mix gently with spatula.
- Garnish with salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper to taste.
- If too thick, add some milk, boil additionally and serve immediately.