Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes, Sausage and Sauerkraut: baked slowly while bathed in beer …
Let’s have something perfectly suitable for week day, game day, every day, celebration day, family reunion day, Octoberfest day and any other day !
I am so completely convinced that all of meat eaters know how good it is to have sauerkraut, potatoes and sausages, baked and soaked in beer.
Although so specific to have in October for the largest people’s fair in the world, it is typical winter comfort food for millions of people all over the world.
I have a very good friend living in Netherlands that makes sausages at home, creating beautiful tastes making variations to his basic recipe. He makes miracles, really.
I was included in the process together with my son last year while visiting him to make a huge quantity for sausage party he decided to organize. We, all together, simply roasted them in four !!! large skillets and the sides and salads were prepared along.
So everybody was included in all the stages. Eating and drinking as well 🙂
Here is one third of a batch, raw, spicy, so beer inviting:
And here is one pair of sausages with all the sides prepared while beer was cooling out on a balcony
( imagine February in Netherlands) :
- Main ingredients:
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 6 ½ cups potatoes, peeled, cut to cubes ( 1 inch )
- Salt to taste
- 4 sausages ( 1 ½ pound all together )
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- Bay leaves to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup white beer
- Ingredients for spread:
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Once you prepare the potatoes, take the sheet pan out and put oil into it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Arrange the potatoes, sausages and sauerkraut in the pan.
- Add bay leaves and black pepper to sauerkraut.
- Salt potatoes to taste.
- Every 10 – 15 minutes, spread some white beer over the potatoes and sausages, using tablespoon.
- Bake for 47 minutes.
- While the food is baking, prepare the spread in a small cup.
- When taken out of the oven, garnish with spread and serve while still hot.