Sheet Pan Chicken with Harvest Vegetables : Ideal vitamins packed week dinner flavoured with smoked paprika, garlic and parsley.
This is one of the easiest time saving week dinner ideas. Chicken breasts are base for the meal and the rest is up to your preference or your fridge stocks.
Since here are tomatoes and bell peppers still to be found at the street market, you just add broccoli or cauliflowers, potatoes, pumpkin and onion and what you get is vitamins loaded dinner.
Few days ago, I was making pickled chanterelles, porcinis and oyster mushrooms :
and left some fresh mushrooms aside for Sheet Pan Chicken with Harvest Vegetables.
It has added very special autumn harvest flavours to our meal.
- Ingredients for marinade:
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried origano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Chili powder to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Main ingredients:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 ½ cups butternut squash cubes ( 1 inch size ), precooked al dente
- 4 cups potato cubes (1 inch size ), precooked al dente
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 ½ cup broccoli florets, precooked
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- ½ cup oyster mushrooms
- Chanterelles and porcinis to taste
- Ingredients for spread:
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped,
- ½ smoked paprika,
- 2 Tbsp oil
- parsley to taste
- Prepare the marinade in a small bowl and spread over the chicken breasts using brush. If any left, keep it for vegetables.
- Spread the foil over the sheet pan.
- Place meat on the foil and bake for 25 minutes at 180 C / 356 F.
- Take the pan out and arrange butternut squash, potatoes, onion, broccoli,mushrooms and bell pepper around meat.
- If any marinade left, spread it over vegetables.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 C / 356 F and continue for 5 more minutes at 240 C / 464 F.
- Prepare the spread.
- Take the sheet pan dish out and cover with spread before serving.