Fruit Salad with Rosemary and Cream Cheese : The best vitamin supply of the season !
Every season has its advantages, of course. Although I am a chestnut – cinnamon – apple type, which means that autumn is my favourite season, the best thing about summer is that we can revel in the bounty very special fruits. Nature gives of its best. If you take a walk through the street market, there are so many different enticing colours and shapes that you can really create a very balanced diet and load yourself up with vitamins and minerals of all kinds – and enjoy it! Since you cannot have summer without high temperatures, then fruit salad is the best.
When I decided to make one combined with rosemary and cream cheese, it occured to me that there is a category issue coming my way: is it breakfast, office brunch, dessert or late dinner ?
I cannot have fruit salad as a lunch, no way. I need something solid for my midday meal. So, I decided to categorize this dish as a dessert, but you can suit the idea to your own preferences.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 kiwi
- ½ banana
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Sugar to taste
- Rosemary needles to taste
- 2 Tbsp almond slices, roasted
- Gently wash the blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
- Halve the strawberries.
- Peel and slice the kiwi.
- Peel and slice the banana and dip the slices into the lemon juice to keep the colour fresh.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, milk and rosemary needles.
- Roast the almonds in a frying pan for 3 minutes until golden on both sides.
- Put the fruits into a bowl, spread with the cream cheese mixture and garnish with the roasted almonds.
- Serve while still fresh.
We had it as a source of vitamins and liquids on a hot day in the late afternoon.