Chocolate Cheesecake Rolls: Enjoy this version from now on !
We all love cheesecakes, right ? There are numerous recipes and versions for that beauty and it seemed natural to me to try to use the cheesecake filling for breakfast rolls.
Chocolate (cocoa) idea was born one weekend after the holidays: you know the feeling; you hope to find something to eat but different than what you just had during the holidays’ season, if possible. Cinnamon is all right but I really wanted a change. And, of course, to get maximum in minimum time. Well known ? So, if you already have the Crazy Dough in the fridge, it takes even less time to make the breakfast. If not, here is the video showing how to make it :
The detailed list of the ingredients follows below, just in case.
Honestly, it needed more than one try to have Chocolate Cheesecake Rolls the way I wanted them to be. When started to develop the idea I used 1/2 batch and it did not turn out good. Unfortunately I did not take the photos for you to see that the ratio between dough and filling is wrong.
So, I recommend to use ¼ batch and it gives the best ratio of dough and filling.
- Ingredients for the dough:
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp bitter cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- Ingredients for the Cheesecake filling:
- 3 Tbsp semolina
- 1 egg
- 1,5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Combine the dough ingredients and aside.
- Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 347 F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the cheesecake ingredients.
- Roll the dough to get rectangle shape (11 x 11 inches apprx)
- Spread the filling over the dough.
- Roll the doughinto a log.
- Cut the log to get 14 slices and place them into a buttered pan.
- Let the slices rise for 5 – 10 minutes and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.