Creamy Horseradish Soup: comforting, homemade and healthy.
This is a very simple dish to prepare and whenever I make it I start to think why on Earth I do not make it more often. All the ingredients are at hand and it is quickly done. As a substitute for cooking potato cubes, to speed up the process, you can use instant mashed potatoes. To make the soup attractive I have added edible flowers to the surface.
If you like the soup to be spiced up you can always add some ground black pepper to one bowl and smoked paprika powder to the other one.
Also, there is a serving suggestion that is not meant for vegans: hard boiled eggs’ halves on the top:
- 3 cups yellow potato cubes
- 2 cups vegetable / beef / chicken stock
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tsp horseradish sauce / cream
- 5 Tbsp cooking cream
- In a pot, add potato cubes to boiling salty water and cook until become tender.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes, add suitable stock, horseradish sauce/cream, salt and pepper and mix it all well.
- When the mixture starts to boil, add cooking cream and boil until you get smooth texture.
- Serve warm, garnished according to your preferences.