Mushroom and Cheese Lasagna: Garfield would love it, I’m sure !
My son adores Lasagna as much as Garfield does and was very curious about the outcome of this combination since I announced to have one without meat and pelati. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him what to expect to have for dinner.
Now, when the dish was almost done, I have opened the oven to see if the things were developing as I wished to, the flavour started to spread all over and he was more than intrigued to see what is to be served.
The only question not answered was how many persons could such a dish feed. It turned out that it could feed four persons and after our dinner, I packed one quarter of lasagna for work lunch for the other day.
- 15 ready for oven Lasagna flat sheets
- 2 Tbsp sunflower oil
- ¾ stick butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2½ cups milk
- Salt, grounded black pepper to taste
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1.3 lb canned sliced buttons mushrooms, drained
- 0.44 lb Gorgonzola cheese, cubed
- 0.55 lb Gauda cheese slices
- In a pot, on medium heat, fry butter and flour. When slightly yellow, add milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Whisk continuously until very smooth. Let it boil for two minutes.
- Add Gorgonzola and mushrooms to the pot and mix until the cheese is melted completely.
- Turn the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Oil the baking pan and put 3 flat sheet of pasta to the bottom. Spread approx ⅕ of the cheese mixture. Top with 2 -3 slices Gauda.
- Repeat to have 5 layers of lasagnas and finish with the layer of cheese mixture and Gauda on the top.
- When assembled, bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Serve while still warm.