Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms: perfect appetizer for Italian sausage and cheese lovers !
When you organize a gathering at your home and think of an appetizer, this is a great solution. Although consisted of Italian sausage and cheese, they are not that heavy to spoil the main dish.
The diameter of each mushroom is 2 inches (two bites’ size). Please do not skip the breadcrumbs: the mushrooms tend to release the liquids out so it may be difficult for your guests to take one without making a mess; breadcrumbs keep the ingredients together and make the appetizer look attractive.
As about the cheese: I always have at least two different kinds (and colours) at home so if you use yellow and orange cheddar, it looks great ! One colour is OK, of course, look at the photo below:
- 1 pair of Italian sausages removed from casings (1 cup meat )
- 9 button mushrooms (2 inches in diameter)
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 4,5 tsp bread crumbs
- 4- 5 Tbsp ground cheddar
- Salt to taste
- Parsley leaves to garnish
- In a frying pan, fry Italian sausage on sunflower oil until lightly brown.
- Remove the stems out from mushrooms.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Lay the baking paper onto the baking dish.
- Place the mushrooms (hole facing up) onto the baking paper.
- Put ½ half of tsp of breadcrumbs into each mushroom hole.
- Fill the mushrooms with sausage and cheddar.
- Bake for 16 minutes.
- Serve still worm.