Peanut Butter Cinnamon Scotcheroos: winter version loaded with cinnamon and chocolate !
We all tend to make everything ready for holidays. It makes us a bit tired but satisfied as well. When we know the things are going desired way, we all shine. Of course.
To contribute my way I have made my family’s winter version Scotcheroos: easy and quick. Kids love all those breakfast cereals prepared unusual way especially if peanut butter is included. When looking for suggestions I have found the bars made by Emma Christensen at http://www.emmachristensenmedia.com/ and this was very helpful since I decided to make cinnamon loaded ones hoping to keep the taste attractive or even more tempting than the butterscotch chip ones.
- Ingredients for 1st layer:
- 2 cups rice crispies
- 10 Tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- Ingredients for 2nd layer:
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp thick cream
- 2 Tbsp water
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare a baking dish (9 x 13 inches )and lay the baking paper into it.
- In a pot, on medium heat, mix peanut butter with butterscotch chips, sugar, honey and water. When well combined, add rice crispies and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, press with the spatula to make it even and leave aside.
- In another pot, melt chocolate chips with thick cream, water and cinnamon.
- Mix until well combined and when still hot, pour over the first layer.
- Let it cool at the room temperature and after 15 minutes, put the cakeinto the fridge.
- Before serving, cut 16 bars.