Caramel Pecan Cookies: Filled with love and sharing!
The most valuable thing we have is time. To share it with someone that appreciates your laughter, singing, dancing, cooking or playing is beyond price. These cookies are simple to make and require no special skills. They are perfect for everyone who includes, or is thinking of including children, lonely neighbours, handicapped kids, family, or anyone you like in the creative cooking process.
Do you remember your grandmother’s kitchen flavours? I remember mine, very well. That is because, in spite of her busy schedule, she always insisted that we should all gather on Sundays and holidays and just be together. Today, I find that invaluable. To create something with others is the best investment, ever. Once you grow up, there is no better solid ground to stand on than remembering the good times you had with others creating something, and the excitement it brings. Nothing can compare to it. So, let’s invest in this simple pleasure for the future.
If you gather around the table for a ‘Cookies event’, please do the caramel cutting part yourself. To get 1/2 cup of chopped candies, I needed 10 caramels. The photo shows the caramels’ size compared to the pecans.
- 5 Tbsp ground pecans
- ½ cup caramel candies, chopped
- 7 Tbsp butter ( ¾ stick + 1 Tbsp )
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- Egg white + 1 Tbsp milk for egg wash
- 28 – 30 pecan halves
- Put all the ingredients together and combine on the table until you get an even cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / 375 F.
- Cover a sheet cake pan with baking paper.
- Take the little balls with your hand, roll and press onto the baking paper.
- Coat the cookies with the milk and egg white.
- Press the pecan halves on to the cookies.
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes.