Pumpkin Bread with Almond Flour: traditional breakfast bread with an almonds kick.
During the autumn, we all tend to make pumpkin dishes, since it is their season. The pumpkins themselves are a very moist ingredient, whatever you mix then with. So it is with this bread. It does not require any spread, which is good for me since I am a coffee type, and need only a plain slice of breakfast bread with my morning coffee, whether at home or in the office. What I like about this one is the almond kick, which makes the texture deliciously different.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup + 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1,5 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted, + for buttering the pan
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Butter the bread pan.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and sugar. Add the pumpkin and butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake for 35 – 37 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- When fully baked, remove the bread from the oven and leave it in the pan to cool completely.