Lavender Blueberry Double Chocolate Muffins combine Nature’s Perfect Couple: blueberries and lavender, bound with a lot of chocolate. This marriage shall last forever !
There are several perfect matches of fruits and herbs to be found in Mother Nature. I have discovered the list of them on Internet but unfortunately I did not write down the site address. I promise to mention the guys as soon as I shall locate them. I was thrilled to see that lavender attracts blueberries. This was an impulse for me to combine a vintage chocolate cake recipe I have in my recipe book for ages with some blueberries inside of every muffin, a drop of lavender edible oil and chocolate ganache finishing.
To be sure that every muffin shall remain firm after baking, I added only three blueberries inside of every muffin cup. Also, if you do not have lavender edible oil, it can be replaced with 1/3 tsp of lavender flowers.
- Ingredients for batter:
- 2 tsp butter, unsalted
- 4 yolks
- 1 drop edible lavender oil or ⅓ tsp lavender flowers
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp flower
- 12 Tbsp sugar
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest, peeled
- 14 Tbsp milk
- 24 blueberries for inside the muffins + 24 to garnish when baked
- Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache:
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp chocolate, melted
- Prepare a muffins baking dish by inserting a paper cup to eight holes and put the dish aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C /356 F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix yolks and butter well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients slowly and mix until you get smooth texture.
- Fill the paper cups up to ⅔ and insert 3 blueberries inside of every cup by gently pressing them with your finger so they do not sink to the bottom of the cup.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take the muffins out and cool aside.
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate in a microwave.
- In a small frying pan, heat the heavy cream. Do not boil it. Just make it hot and take away from the heat.
- Add melted chocolate into the cream, mix well and spread over the muffins.
- Garnish every muffin with three blueberries. Add some lavender flowers to taste.