Dandelion Greens Smoothie: Green leaves of Home.
My grandmother would be very happy to know how much I am into dandelions this spring. After I have made Dandelion Jelly I really wanted to make something with the young leaves so to add some to the smoothie seemed to be the best idea. The leaves are not exposed to any heat during the process of making the smoothie and if we drink this vitamins boosting drink adding some dandelion, who could ask for more ?
I was asked how do I manage to get all of these flowers to make the dishes with and from them. The answer to this is very simple: if you look through the window one rainy Sunday morning maybe you will see a woman in pyjamas, rubber boots and Mumbly raincoat running all over, cheering with excitement because a new edible one has just been discovered !!! Well if this happens, sooner or later, be sure it’s me.
- 2 Tbsp yogurt, dairy or non dairy
- 2 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- Handful of grapes without seeds
- Half of medium sized banana
- 5 young dandelion leaves
- Few drops of lime and lemon
- Sugar and finely chopped ginger to taste
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients well.
- Pour into a glass, garnish and drink.