Homemade Chicken Gyros: original Greek summer dish, delicious and easy to make.
I am at the coast for a while. I watch the sun rise every morning with a cup of coffee. Another day is born, boats are resting next to the shore waiting to sail away. In a distance, I hear someone having fun. Everybody is relaxed. Life is good. So is Gyros. Let’s share some of it today. Let’s create kitchen passion. You do not need that much. If you decide to make Gyros BBQ type, cut bigger slices of meat and larger Pita Breads for Gyros.
- 1 lb chicken steaks, sliced
- 4 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- pinch of black grounded pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped or 1 tsp Asafoetida powder
- 1 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 bay leaf, dried
- Pinch of marjoram
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix all the spices with sunflower oil.
- Add chicken slices in the spices mixture.
- Put it aside for two hours to get chicken flavoured with spices.
- In a frying pan, fry the mixture. No extra oil necessary.
- Fill Pita Bread with meat and serve.