Gnocchi with Zucchini Sauce – excellent lunch or dinner made of zucchinis, gnocchi and drippings.
When I am left with no idea what to take to the office for the lunch next day which usually happens on Monday, zucchinis are the solution especially if I have saved drippings from the weekend roast. It makes no difference if I use seitan or meat drippings. Both make excellent base for this dish and it tastes different every time depending on the spices I use.
If you do not take home made food to the office, it is 20 minutes’ week night dinner for two.
- 2 Tbsp roast drippings
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- salt to taste
- 1 package of gnocchi (1 lb)
- In a pan, melt drippings and add zucchini.
- Simmer until water reduces.
- Add garlic, sour cream and salt.
- In a pot, boil gnocchi as suggested on the cover.
- Put gnocchi in a plate and cover with zucchini sauce. Yummy.