Leftovers Galette: very practical way of spending holidays’ leftovers to create a brand new meal.
Perfect way to use leftovers. If you need an easier day after holidays and easier way to make a lunch, this is it. All you need is a pizza dough.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 cup ham /sausages / bacon or everything together, cubed
- 1 cup semi hard cheese, cubed
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp of butter, room temperature, optional
- Fresh chilis to taste
- 1 yolk with 2 Tbsp water for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
- Roll the dough to be oversized, slightly larger than than the baking dish.
- In a bow, combine ham and bacon.
- Add cheese to the mixture.
- Combine everything well and add origano, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour the filling into the center of a dough and spread evenly all over so that 2 inches of a dough are clean to be easily folded.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the filling to create a galette shape.
- Eggwash the edges and put few chillis on the top of the filling.
- To get glossy look, garnish the top with small slices of butter (optional).
- Bake for approx 20 minutes at 180 C / 356 F.
The first version I have posted a year ago was baked in the baking dish.
Now, a year later, I have decided to make a typical galette, folded all over and baked on a baking paper.
So when you read the instructions saying you roll the pizza dough to be oversized, it means practically the same since you fold the edges over the filling anyway and put it on a baking paper and then onto a large baking dish.